- General Information
- The Solitec spinner is used for depositing a uniform layer of a material on a wafer. It can be used for photoresist or other materials.
- Equipment Specifications
- Variable speed up to 6000rpm
- Supports substrates up to 9" in diameter
- Operating Instructions
- General Operating Information
- To use the spinner, the house vacuum must be on.
- Special care should be taken when using SU-8. It is not good if it gets all over.
- Also take care that nothing can go down the opening for the chuck or else the inner workings can get messed up.
- To start out, the switches should all be in the off position. The speed knob should be at zero.
- Cleanroom wipes should be placed around the bowl of the spinner to help keep it clean.
- Place wafer on chuck
- Use the metal wafer holder to position the wafer on the chuck. There is a groove
in it so it can slide under the chuck in order to center the wafer on the chuck.
- When the wafer is in position, switch on the vacuum and carefully slide out the wafer holder.
- Start Vacuum and motor
- Switch on the power and the motor for the spinner.
- The speed of the spinner may be controled by the knob to the right of the power switch.
- No accurate speed control is available for this spinner, so it is generally used only for cleaning the wafers.